Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Outdoor Season Ended....Sort Of

Hmmm..it has been awhile since archery has lead me to any great epiphanies as of late aside from all the ones I probably learned and lost just as quickly.

Though perhaps that isn't true. Being at Nationals really helped me to appreciate friendship and sportsmanship.

I learned to trust my gut on who works with me and who might work against me.

I learned that spreading a little kindness never hurts, even if you aren't too sure about who you are spreading it to.

I learned to listen to some elders--which I suspect just may make me a better archer.

Hopefully, most of all, I have learned to lighten up some. I did about 85% of what I set out to do last year. Sometimes, we need to take pleasure in that. Things don't have to be 100% to be celebrated. You can celebrate every step along the way. Enjoy it or why do it?


No comments:

Post a Comment