Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Go with your Gut

Okay--this is a fairly common lesson. But after getting my new stabilizer all set up and working great, it dawned on me that my grip on the bow slipped. Still, I did nothing. I thought about it. Then thought about it some more. Finally, I said, to myself--do something. And low and behold, the doing something really helped. I had the nirvana experience of shooting "easy" today. I didn't struggle with the bow or the grip or my stance. It was "point and shoot."

I realize though that going with your gut sometimes isn't the best way to go, so maybe I am advocating a split on this one. Listen to your gut, think about it, (really think about--assess options, etc) then act. I wouldn't want to veer too far in the other direction of knee-jerk reaction either. But we really should listen to the our voice, not the one we speak with but the one inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment